Will holiday celebrations be cancelled this year?
Manitoba’s pandemic response level is currently at the red/critical level. Community spread of COVID-19 is not contained and there are significant strains on our health care system.
For this reason, holiday plans should be altered this season. To limit the risk of exposure, households should:
- Stay up to date on current COVID-19 restrictions and safety measures by checking the Manitoba COVID-19 website (www.manitoba.ca/COVID19).
- Celebrate with members of your immediate household only.
- Consider donating to local charities. Be sure to check online to see how their operations have been affected by COVID-19.
- Plan how to reach out to people using virtual options.
- Do a physically distanced, doorstep gift exchange.
- Celebrate outdoors in open spaces with no more than 5 people and consistently maintain at least two metres of physical distance.